Subject: Re: Joining and Quiting the list
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 21:34:51 -0800

On Tue, 27 Feb 1996, Robert Cohen wrote:

> >Wrong.  All subscription and unsubscription requests must be sent to me
> >or I'll take care of them when I see them posted to the list.
> 
> Wow... You mean you have been doing all of this LONGHAND !!??  Dave, you are
> incredible!!  THANK YOU!

Unfortunately, yes...the worst part is that about 3 out of every 5 new 
subscribers freak out when they see how many messages this list generates 
and they immediately ask to be unsubscribed.

I'm about to add a web page to my site that will allow people to subscribe
and unsubscribe without any intervention from me...this should help, but 
the big step will come when I move the lists to the new server.  (Does 
anyone remember Tomahawk??  =))

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner